Sunday, November 9

WHEN PRETTY THINGS GET BROKEN

My life was just like china
a lovely thing to me,
Full of porcelain promises
of all that I might be.
But fragile things do slip and fall
as everybody knows.
Ane when my life came crashing down
thoses tears began to flow.
But Jesus is no porcelain Prince,
His promises won't break,
His Holy Word holds fast and sure,
His love no one can shake.
So if your life is shattered
by sorrow, pain or sin
His healing love will reach right down
and make you whole again.

3 comments:

Susie Homemaker said...

Oh, how beautiful...do you write these poems yourself? I have been wondering for some time now...always so meaningful, each and every one...just lovely.

Blessings for a beautiful Sunday,
Susie

Grammy Staffy said...

I agree with Susie.
I always get so uplifted by your posts. Thank you my friend for your lovely posts that inspire, encourage and motivate.

Have a great day.
Love, Lura

Grandma B said...

Thank you for your remarks...no, I do not write the majority of the poems, but let me tell you the story behind many of them.

For 70 years, I have been a collector of books, poetry, bits of wisdom, and everyday common sense issues. My Mother also was a collector, so when she passed away, I was fortunate to receive her treasures.

I love to share things that have shaped my life, be it music, poetry, books, etc. LOL