Friday, February 27

GEARING UP FOR THE BIG DAY !!!

If you haven't guessed, if you don't know, I am Irish to the core. My name, Patricia Ann, is Irish.

My Mother and her family were true Irishmen. Mom's family immigrated from Ireland in the early 1800's. My heritage includes Burn's, Clark's, Enright's, and Kennedy's. Now, you can't get any more Irish than that !!!

When Mom and Dad were alive, Dad always bought Mom three green carnations for St. Patty's Day !! Now my husband does the same for me !! Now that's an Irish tradition.

It is true, when Irish eyes are smiling, you can feel the warmth of spring and hear the angels sing !!

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

How fun. My name came from an Irish lullaby even though they spell Lura differently in the song.

I named my red headed girl Erin and she married her Patrick. They make big deal of St. Pat. day at their house. They are so cute.

Happy St. Pat Day to you and yours.
I hope that you are all recovered from being ill.

Love, Lura