Thursday, December 11

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM


Today is the day my beautiful Mother was born, years and years ago. She was born December 11, 1911. My Mom was so sweet, kind and understanding. I can never hardly remember her saying an unkind word. She and I would go for long walks, just to talk about the day. We would buy us a treat and walk hand in hand and visit. When I left home, we always joked about keeping "Ma Bell" (the telephone company) in business. We would talk endlessly about just about anything. Mom had a good sense of humor (Irish) and loved to laugh. Her family was large, three sisters and three brothers and her family was very close. Mom grew up in a small town in Minnesota and wanted to become a journalist. She loved to write beautiful letters and loved to read. She was keenly aware of events going on in the country, and we would discuss them each Sunday morning. Thanks Mom, for setting such a good example for me to follow. I love you.............Mom left us on March 23, 1995 and I still miss her. God be with you, till we meet again.....Patty

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

What a lovely tribute to your sweet mom. I think that our moms must have been a lot alike....wonderful ladies. I wonder if they are friends in heaven. I hope so.

Come on over to my blog and pick up an award I have for you. You deserve it.

Grandma B said...

Hope they are friends Lura. Thank you for your sweet comment. LOL