Thursday, June 11

TO MY DAD ~ WITH LOVE~ON HIS BIRTHDAY

This is a picture of my Dad, sister Sandra and me. I am the one in the middle. You know what it's called...the middle child syndrome !! Dad and Mom would always take us on picnics (the simpler things in life) and we had a ball. Dad was always there for us kids. He was the disciplinarian and Mom was the buffer. My sister and I, and later on our brother Tom, had the best of all worlds with the parents God gave us.
Dad doing the thing in life he loved the most. His beloved flying. Dad taught pilots from all over the world how to fly. Flying was Dad's first love...and he was very good at it. One of his students ended up teaching at the Air Force Academy, in Colorado Springs, CO...then went on to reach the rank of General. Another was a Captain for Delta Airlines. Dad knew flying, and passed on his knowledge to his students.
Dad was born June 13, 1911, in Kanaranzi, MN. His parents were of German extract (in case you haven't figured that one out.) Dad was an only child, and began flying his very own airplane at age 16. Dad was born with flying in his veins. Dad left us on July 8, 1974.

There is a little poem I posted earlier in my blog about having good parents. The title of the post was 'My Mom and Dad', and the poem was: 'Blessed Are You Who Have Been Given Holy Parents'. The old I get, the smarter I find my parents were. Now isn't that life !!!!!




3 comments:

Susie Homemaker said...

You are blessed to have the memories you do of your Dad...how wonderful that he was able to do the thing he loved so much...my Dad gave up all his dreams when he became a single dad raising 7 on his own...

Blessings and hugs,
Susie

Grammy Staffy said...

What a nice tribute to your father. He was surely an amazing man. It sounds like he was a great pilot and teacher. Did you ever get to fly with him?

I just got home from Utah. I had a lovely visit while there and at David's.... I miss them all already.

I hope you are doing well. (((hugs))) Lura

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello again dear Patricia,

How is Joel doing after his surgery?

I need your blog support. Would you please hop over to my blog and vote on my blog poll? thanks

Have a good week. Love, Lura