Saturday, August 8

CONTENTMENT

Nine requisites for contented living:

Health enough to make work a pleasure

Wealth enough to support your needs

Strength to battle with difficulties and overcome them

Grace enough to confess your sins and forsake them

Patience enough to toil until some good is accomplished

Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor

Love enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others

Faith enough to make real the things of God

Hope enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future.


2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

This is a beautiful post filled with wisdom.

Thanks for sharing.

I am still smiling that I will get to cruise with you and Ned. I can't wait.

Did you get the trip insurance info that I asked Carnival to send you? I hope so.

Your happy birthday song is still ringing in my heart. Thanks again for singing it to me.

Have a good day. Love, Lura

Grandma B said...

Yes, I got the trip insurance. It always gives us a sense of security when we travel now, especially after what I explained what happened when we went to Alcapulco. Dumb of us...but live and learn.

We are looking forward to crusing with you and John also. It will be fun. I am looking forward to Puerto Vierta because we missed that port last time. It would have been on the trip back from Alcapulco.

Not much going on here right now...oh, we are having siding put on the house...it's to hard for Ned to paint anymore.

LOL