Wednesday, September 24

JUST PLAIN GOOD ADVICE

"Whenever encountering a troublesome person, do not identify him as being cruel or stupid or rude or anything else like that. Instead, see him as a frightened person." Vernon Howard

We all know people who are habitually rude, obnoxious, or just plain jerks. Why they behave that way is usually backed in some form of fear. Fear of being found out, fear of the unknown, or fear of being hurt (this one has many forms.)

Yoda...may have been a fictitious character but he taught a wise truth when he said..."Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate...and hate leads to the Dark Side!:

The opposite of fear is faith...or a belief and a hope that things can get better, things can work out, that we can do it, or that others will and do want us to succeed. Nurturing faith and hope through the creation of vision in others is one of the greatest challenges of leadership.

This wonderful tidbit is from Kirk Weisler....Thanks Kirk for giving me permission to put some of your daily thoughts on my blog.

2 comments:

Tegan said...

Hi Grandma

We are doing pretty good. Just working A LOT and trying to spend every other second together as a family when we aren't working. Joel is still looking for a new job!! He had a great interview with Geico and most likely he probably got the job. The only down fall is he will leave Dec 8th for 3.5 months :( Which means single parent for me. It will be very tuff and not something I look forward to but I know it's going to better us in the long run. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon.......if Joel could just get some time off work with his current job. Love you!

Grammy Staffy said...

This is good advice and just want I needed to hear today. I have been worried about something that I just need to have more faith about. Thanks for the reminder. Instead of me feeling upset with this person, I will try to have faith that all will work out fine.

Thanks