Wednesday, September 23

TRUST ~ TRUTH

I was browsing through the dictionary and came upon these two words Trust and Truth. They are right together in the dictionary....so they must complement each other. I wonder sometimes if society today understands that trust and truth are so important. I also wonder why is it some people can get by with not telling the truth. Don't they understand they are hurting people. If someone does not want to do something, then have enough integrity to say so, but don't kill the messenger !!!

The dictionary says TRUST is the firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.

The dictionary says TRUTH is consistently telling the truth, being honest.

I have been reading the book by Sheri Dew 'Telling It Like It Is. ' A writing in her book made me think:

"Every relationship-husband and wife-parent and child-best friends-colleagues-is dependent on trust. It is not possible to have a relationship with someone you cannot trust. The only thing you can have with someone you can't trust is a strategy."

  • Why do we have to develop a strategy?
  • Why do we have to always feel like we need to watch our backs?
  • Why do we have to feel distrust in our daily dealings?
  • Why do we always have to be on guard?

My parents always taught us kids that our word was our bond, and that when you say will do something, carry through. These are the childhood lessons that have guided my footsteps in this life. Have I made mistakes ~ OH YES ~ but I realize we are merely humans and carried on. Every day I thank my Dad and Mom for the lessons they taught us.

Blessed are those who have been given Holy Parents.

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

What a lovely post. I feel the same as you. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if everyone was truthfull and trust worthy!!

Have a good week. Love, Lura

Grandma B said...

Yes Lura, it would be. I find comfort in those I know are.

Read your post today, and I am so happy you are feeling better. If I could have taken the pain from you I would have. I am not going to say "I have never had kidney stones" because as soon as I do, WHAM !!!

The walk went well...and was fun. The weather cooperated also.

"Type" to you later my sweet friend....LOL