Wednesday, September 30

OCTOBER

Where are you going, my children?
Down autumn's leaf-strewn lanes.
To find Jack Frost who tiptoed by
And touched our window panes.
I see storm windows that must be hung,
You see frost tracings in early sun.
I see the leaves to be raked in a mound.
You see tumbling mats on the ground.
Where are you going my children?
Just down the road a way
To see the tree where the hoot owl sits
And a field where rabbits play.
I see small boots to be marked and mated,
You see a world newly decorated.
Oh, let me come with you down that lane,
And see October as a child again.
The trees in this picture are in our front yard. The trees are right outside our kitchen window. When we eat meals, we are able to partake of their beauty. Every fall, the leaves turn the most beautiful colors for us to enjoy. Fall is my favorite time of year....there is peace in the air....and a sense of anticipation of the fun holidays ahead. Oh! to be a child again..but the older I get, the more I realize that the secret to real happiness is to keep the child in your heart no matter how old you are.

1 comment:

Holly Conger said...

Thanks for posting that. It made me feel better about Fall. I love the colors, but I always get a little anxious for the upcoming winter months. Thanks for reminding me to stay positive and look forward to the fun holidays that come with winter! Love you!