Saturday, March 7

MOM, SANDRA AND ME

This is a picture of my beautiful Mother, Margaret Elizabeth (an Irish lass for sure), cute sister Sandra and me as a baby. Mom was so beautiful and was such a good Mother. Believe it or not, I was baby of the year for 1939 in the small town in Minnesota, where we lived. Mom always told me I had a happy heart. Mom and Dad were always there for us kids. My sister Sandra is a Nurse Gerontologist, and is still working in her profession at the age of 73....I also had a younger brother Tom. I will post a picture of him next. He came along 10 years after I was born, so I guess you would call him the "caboose". Tom passed away in 2002 at the very young age of 54. He had serious heart problems. Guess you would say his 'heart was just too big.'

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

What a lovely picture. You are all three beautiful.... simply beautiful. No wonder you were baby of the year!!!

I am sorry that Tom died so young. My only brother died at 57 of a heart attack. It is hard when they leave us so young.

Have a good day dear Patty girl. Love, Lura

dayna said...

oh your mother is so beautiful! and i can definitely tell that baby is you:)...and how cool to be baby of the year! i love learning about your family...thanks for sharing!